Bona Fide OS Developer
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

MIA 

Post MIA
I will be gone this whole weekend, so expect little to no interaction from me. I discovered what was wrong with the ChanServ and NickServ for my IRC and that is in the process of being fixed. Hope to have something that is working completely on Monday.

Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: MIA
Ok I am back everyone. Sorry for the absence, I got sick with food poisoning this last week and I have been in bed alot. Now that I am feeling better, I should be back on the scene more and working on my kernel. Just a note on that, I am going to actually move to windows as my build area, I will post later with my configuration if anyone is interested.

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Cool mate, will be good to see how you set it up, even though I use windows myself, Ill see if you do anything drastically different to myself.

Kieran C G Foot

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:31 am
Profile WWW

Well I am looking at using an IDE. I won't be using Visual Studio, but I am looking at other IDEs that will be able to achieve my goals.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 am
Profile WWW

I've just switched over to running a linux distro (Debian) on my laptop rather than XP (the plan is to dual-boot....eventually) so I'm doing all my development in Linux rather than the virtual machines I was using before. Ideally I'd prefer to use Visual Studio 2008 for my C and ASM but I can't be dealing with the bother of setting it up correctly.

Would probably make for a decent tutorial or paper someday if I do every get around to doing it.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Yea, as you can all tell I really haven't been back at all. Currently one week away from final exams and the past several weeks have been very hectic. I lost my source code to my kernel it seems. My linux partition was fried after trying to update the distribution. I normally don't make backups because it normally works. I have a checkpoint of my code thankfully, but yea...got some brutal work to do on it. When i get around to it, I will work up a real Malloc, Realloc, Calloc, and Free tutorial for understanding my version and hopefully some will find it helpful with memory management.

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:57 am
Profile WWW

nako

Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:38 pm
Site Admin

AndyEsser wrote:
I've just switched over to running a linux distro (Debian) on my laptop rather than XP (the plan is to dual-boot....eventually) so I'm doing all my development in Linux rather than the virtual machines I was using before. Ideally I'd prefer to use Visual Studio 2008 for my C and ASM but I can't be dealing with the bother of setting it up correctly.

Would probably make for a decent tutorial or paper someday if I do every get around to doing it.

That's a good idea Andy, especially with screenshots for each step. I think many in our community would appreciate it.

@ctimko: no one expects you to be here like clock work. We are all volunteers. Glad to hear you are feeling better, though.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:17 pm