Bona Fide OS Developer
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

a pitch about Social Operating Systems 

Post Re: a pitch about Social Operating Systems
Hey,

Firstly, I'd like to grant myself the reward for first notable resurrection of a thread.

Secondly, is there are any recent information on this project DudeOfX? The identified problem is something that influenced my own design, and I'd be interested in your progress.

Thanks,

James

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:42 am

nope, no progress to report... anywho I am taking the direction of creating tools that would help me with the bet that these same tools will help somebody else when the tools mature...

These tools in the end would evolve into the Social OS because in the end yes, tools that would help me socialize with my peers is a good thing...

I have noticed that we (people in general) are creating technology just for technology sake and we are loosing the ability to use it and enjoy it... I believe that a technology bubble does exist...

Creating a Social OS for the sake of just creating it is cool but unhealthy if people don't have that inner desire or need to socialize using the technology...

Not just that but there is also stuck up corporate unwillingness to step down gracefully... Unfortunately they do control influence via employment, marketing and even education...

over time a tool here and there should arise from the mist as one who would help bring balance to the force... when those tools pop up, I'll release them...

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:23 am

by the way I am an anarchist and that will probably explain my point of view better...

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 am

Hey,

Haven't had time to read the first post yet, am at work. However, just out of interest, when you say Anarchist: Rothbard or Chomsky? I hope the first, like myself, but it's more common to find the second in computing, because people find it hard to overcome the indoctrination of property as a purely statist infestation.

Thanks,

James

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:39 am

I am a DudeOfX anarchist... every man has the capacity to become their own country...

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:43 am

Hey,

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to classify you, just see which one was more appropriate to your views. I wouldn't label myself under either of their views.

I can't wait to see some of the tools you produce, I might post up some areas of design of my own operating system at some point. It's less social, but we share the belief that everyone is trying to build upon the web, instead of on the internet, which is not what HTTP or Web Browsers were designed for.

Thanks,

James

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:46 am