|Bona Fide OS Development
|Can't enter protected mode in my bootloader.
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||Primis [ Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:00 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Can't enter protected mode in my bootloader.|
Here's a few questions to ask yourself:
Have you set up a GDT?
- Are all the entries zeroed out?
- Do you have a null descriptor?
- Do you have a data and code descriptor?
Have you set up an IDT?
- Are all the pointers set to zero?
- Do you have a valid exception handler?
Did you make sure interrupts are off before the switch?
- Did you turn them back on?
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group