Bona Fide OS Developer
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:50 pm

why einstein said this ? 

Post Re: why einstein said this ?
IMHO, when people look at the bible, you are missing the most important point. When was it written? By the first scholars that knew how to write. Now, the book of genesis wasn't a new concept when it was written. At the time of the book of Genesis, the local lore was that the serpent created the earth. Genesis was a counter to that idea, because the serpent was seen as evil in its ways. In Genesis it says God made the world in a day...can we understand the position of the person who is writing this. Its over several thousand years old, the concept of a large black void was crazy talk, so planet would have been acceptable. The bible is incomplete. The Catholic church removed too many books from it that didn't fit the mold they were creating for the Romans. Remember the original 4 doctors of the catholic faith were transforming the Aurian and Catholic views together to create Roman Catholicism in itself proves the faith was generated by man, but in order to get a mass of people to believe in the "right" path. I am going to sidestep for a second and point out that Aurian (or however it's spelled, but not Ayrian [like super-race stuff]) was around prior to the formation of Catholicism. Some records show that Aurian churches had been around since the first miracle of christ. Aurian's believed that women were more important in the religious world, because they had the ability to understand better, that women were there to help men understand their creator...but when the catholics took foothold in the Roman empire with Constantine, they pushed to have the Aurians all killed, because this alternate form could not exist. The only time in history that we see the struggle of the Aurians re-develop is within the Qu`ron (sp?). The Aurians helped Mohammad during his time on Earth, and because of this, the Islam faith respected Aurians.

Anyway I digress. My exact point is, believe what you want to believe, but consider this. If at death you don't see god, kudos to you, you were right...but that doesn't matter anymore, because you are dead. But if I am right, and at death, God stands before you, remember this forever, he is merciful, and will forgive you of your sins (if any), because you are his child and you have come home to him.

-- This is the opinion of ctimko and not that of OSDever.net, hate me if you want, but if you do...grow up --

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

ctimko, impressive.

A few points:
Genesis was originally transmitted orally until it was written down by scribes around the 5th century BCE(in that era somewhere, I forget the details). Also, the 'day' of genesis is not a 24 hour day. It is a period of time that could span thousands of years or more. The emphasis was that God created in phases.

It is true that there has always been folk lore and mysticism involved in spiritual beliefs, but the Hebrews had a God that was not a mere thought. Accounts in the Bible repeatedly show that their God was real and that when YHWH challenged other gods, they never came through for their people. For instance, all 10 plagues in Egypt were challenges against deities of their belief system. We know the outcome of that account.

You are right about the space thing being unfamiliar to ancient people, but then again the Bible is not a scientific journal, it is a guide for people who choose to follow God and live by his standards. When it touches on scientific topics, it is not erroneous. ie: a giant elephant doesn't hold the globe on its back. The earth is spherical and not flat. When you defecate, you did it outside of your camp for cleanliness. (looking at my previous post, I'm not just repeating myself. Sorry.)

I'm not 100% sure about the Ayrian creed and its origins, so I'd like to look into that more, but I do know that they had the truth as far as the characteristic of God in that he was not 3 gods in one or any of that mystery nonsense. Constantine did indeed defile the Bible's message by assimilating pagan teachings into Christianity. Think Christmas, Easter, Immortal soul, Hell and eternal torment, among other teachings. All are rooted in pagan beliefs. Constantine did this to quail the fighting in Rome between the Jews, Pagans and Christians. Because of that, we have MANY denominations of Christianity, many of which still retain some of these manipulated ideas.

ctimko, I agree with you on your point of death and faith, but I feel we don't have to wait until we're dead to have evidence of the Bible's validity. It's simply a matter of taking the time to learn and look at history. This system of things continues to degrade over time as the Bible foretold and it's not simply because of increased population or communication technologies. That to me is just part of the puzzle of faith. Put the pieces together and the picture is clear. So, instead of living for today and get the most pleasure out of now, live for the future that is promised to man.

I'd like to digress by saying that there will always be someone to disagree with this stand, but that doesn't matter. We all must stand for something. I just hope whatever you(plural) decide to stand for isn't 'nothing'.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:56 pm
Site Admin

Note: Arius (ca. AD 250–336), this was well after the first miracle of Christ (ca. AD 30).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arianism

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:05 pm

Damn I spelled it wrong. It's been a while since I have been in European history class :-P In short, believe how you will, you will only truly "know" on the day of your death.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile WWW