Bona Fide OS Developer
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:37 pm

why einstein said this ? 

Post Re: why einstein said this ?
I'll show you another video... only 5:22min in length... which to me explains exactly happened here...

mskhirakutwo whom ever he is decided to bring over the philosophical here... with a quote from Einstein which is actually a warning in relying on intelligence... Agalloch sorry man but were like a wounded animal protesting against Terry don't know what the quarrel was between you two but anywho I was like an Hawk in the sky, saw food and instinctively just went for the kill because thats just me for a long time I've been a fan of the philosophical and I've have had a grudge with psychologist... Me and Psychologist,... its like a cold war for the most part...

anywho the video below... it speaks of a spiritual force... a predatory force... which I frankly didn't know I had but looking at what I did it appears to a kind of fuel of life itself... I've done this kind of stuff many many times with many many people... and the question what fuels it? A chemical?...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zpNzAZtDPw

Anywho atheism refuses to recognize such spiritual forces... when I find such forces to be fuel of sorts... the thing is... like it or not affects them... I don't have a grudge against atheist but what if I did... they would be torn to pieces simply because they refuse to acknowledge the existence of the fuel...

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Psychologists try to drive you unstable with actors, huh, DudeOfX?

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:19 pm

All you got to know is the world's just how God made it and He's just. Everyone has highs and lows, rich or poor. There are rewards and punishments.

Not seeing the beauty of the world is the opposite of praising God.

God is the God of Earth, He's not "Mars", not "Venus".

Mom said Heaven was a never ending family reunion. Yikes! Fortunately, God knows man and what man needs.

Quote:
"And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
What father among you would hand his son a snake when he asks for a fish?
Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg?
If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the holy Spirit 5 to those who ask him?"
He was driving out a demon (that was) mute, and when the demon had gone out, the mute person spoke and the crowds were amazed.
Some of them said, "By the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons, he drives out demons."

Little boys are made of snakes and snails and puppydog tails.

God talks--take a nanosecond range timer and sample it when you press a button. Use the number to pick words or phrases or whatever. It's known as "tongues" in the Bible. See http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/1corinthians/1corinthians14.htm

God says...
Quote:
unbroken cower gainsayer serving ashamed poesy repose dwellers
surpasses knocketh veiled nourishing extremest heretics
blesseth education doubled banner ardently preserving
savour arrows stature unskilfulness fine example unknowingly
seldomness entreated intent whereat remembering its made
lump stupidity pole majesty creation simple sovereign
bore animate glittering meats charity deluding farther
continually idle wisdom objections natural Our offspring
deafness fresh truths ostentation clave encouraged public
NO abstemious eligible deliberation whirlings forgiving
absent healed din enthralled flashes Thagaste helper stone
reconciled blessed recognises changeable liar unstayed
gratuitously inebriate fill likewise Covetousness deemed
held moment displeased excel stilled tongue informed chains
therefrom makest scourge Massachusetts hair infirmities
reposes ANY sometimes render indefinitely gulf groans

Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm
Site Admin

very interesting, but please be respectful.

I'll add my 2 cents.

Science is not necessarily a religion. A religion is a way of doing something. You can be religious about how you wake up in the morning by having coffee, bacon, and eggs all prepared to a certain specification. Science is simply a general study of the world around us and it is completely in harmony with theology/spirituality, which is the study of the unseen world around us.

Evolution is a religion. It requires adherence to a certain way of doing things. You cannot put your faith in evolution and a creator. Those ideas are conflicting. Thus, you can be an Evolutionist or a Christian or a Muslim or a Buddhist, etc. Those are all ways of doing things(like living your life and believing in things that are beyond the physical realm).

I would agree with what is said that humans who "think" they are smart is a dangerous fair, because they tend to be proud. This is bad because it puts the self above others. The Bible demands that we put others above ourselves. That's called humility.

Einstein was a spiritual man who had a passion for the physical world. He looked around and saw how the universe works and appreciated the inherent order and physical laws. He felt this was not an accident. At the same time, Einstein was not a deeply religious man. He didn't have a certain way of living. (an interesting source of his thoughts on spirituality: http://einsteinandreligion.com/). Rather, he put his faith in what he could see around him via pantheism instead of monotheism.

Can you blame him though? No doubt he saw the hypocrisy that religion is capable of. When you have, at the center of a way of life(aka religion), greed and selfish goals you tend to produce destructive results. Religion has been a very destructive source in mankind's history, but does that discredit the idea of a creator? No. It does, however, discredit those who practice such vile acts.

Einstein loved the account of Jesus and firmly believed that he was a real person, not a character of some fable. He appreciated how Jesus did away with the staunch traditional practices of the Jewish faith(in the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy for a Messiah or chosen one) and replaced it with 2 commandments to live life by: whole-souled love of God and love of fellow man.

All that said, whether or no Einstein was a theist or not is insignificant. It shouldn't affect what you choose to put your faith in. My personal advice, treat that choice with all seriousness. According to many belief systems(aka religions), your very life is at stake.

Wed May 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Evolution and a creator are not conflicting concepts... evedently evolution has had the guidence of a creator... consider your lawn, unguided you have all sorts of weeds sprouting out and about... consider this forum... if neglected you have all sorts of spam msgs posted... raw evolution would yield all sorts of stuff all the time... we would see mutations more frequently and much less intelegently...

The significance of eistein is that some ethiest praise intelegence, and well if you have one of the smartest humans believe in god it kind of puts god over intelligence.

Wed May 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Here is a more interesting question... consider a man with an abacus... essentially a basic computer... if time was not a problem this guy could compute anything any modern super computer can... the question is... given enought time can he bring you about into existence? Basically what is it to be consious... what is it to be alive... can a computer be programmed to bring itself into being concious... consider the star trek technology how they beam people from place to place... the theory is that every molecule in your body is converted into energy transfered and rematerialized... the question is would you maintain conciousness... if its possible to maintain conciousness then what would happen if you materialize two copies instead of one... would you be concious in two places at once?... what makes up your conciousness... how much you can be changed before you lose your conciousness... is conciousness attached to the brain cell and therefore so long as that brain cell exists you exist... or is conciousness attached to the computer progam in the brain and hence as long as that program is maintained you exist...

Wed May 05, 2010 5:02 pm
Site Admin

Evolution is not in harmony with the teaching of the Bible, which says that God(YHWH) created Adam with a purpose and thus Eve. Evolution is all about random chance and chaos. God is all about order. Intelligent Design is just an attempt of those with weak faith trying to fit in with what the world uses to remove the need for the source of the physical world. They are mad at the idea of God. From the beginning of the theory of Evolution, adherents have willingly abandoned the idea of creation.

Now consciousness is indeed interesting. However, could a stick in the mud, over trillions of years, become a light pole? No. Could an inanimate logic machine create its own sense of right and wrong? No. Is Start Trek non-fiction? No.

You forget that the Bible teaches that God is THE source for all dynamic energy. He breathed life(spirit) into matter(dirt) and created Adam(a soul). The Bible says that God could make the rocks cry out if he wanted to instead of humans glorifying his name(pop quiz:what is God's name). So then, we can conclude that there are 3 things necessary for consciousness:
[list=]
[*]matter, a physical counterpart
[*]spirit, energy to drive it
[*]soul, the unique combination of the above 2 things and the experiences over time that makes the consciousness a unique entity
[/list]

Think of it like this: you have a computer that is composed of hardware(RAM, storage, CPU), electricity(the energy that makes it alive), and software(this makes it what it is like OSX, Ubuntu, Windows, etc with its unique combination of applications, settings, and files). No 2 computers are EXACTLY the same because this combination of things also takes into account the date when they were brought into existence. Two things made EXACTLY the same at the EXACT same time are still different because they are made of different, unique matter.

If you remove any one of these 2 primary components(matter or energy) then you cease to have consciousness. The Bible says that when humans die, they're dead. They do not go to an after-life. They have no more love or hate(Ecclesiastes 5:9,10). However, the Bible speaks of a resurrection or bringing a soul back to life. How would this be done? By creating a material body and putting energy back into it. Would it still be the same unique entity? Yes. The soul encompasses everything that makes that entity what it was; the memories, personality, etc.

To recap, what is consciousness? It is the soul; the matter, energy, and very being of the unique entity. All living things have a soul. All souls can die(energy leaves them and the remaining matter entropies back into inanimate matter). The soul can be brought back to life.

Thu May 06, 2010 2:18 pm

well I don't see conflict between evolution and the bible... I see evolution as the means of how god molded man from clay...

I got a question fo you... is faith given to man, taken by man or created by man?

Thu May 06, 2010 3:24 pm
Site Admin

In my oppinion, Religion was invented/created by man to make people feel secure and feel like they have a purpose.

I do like the ideas of most religions as they are striving to make the world a better place.

However, I do not like tyhe methods used and the conflict between different religions.

Take Christianity; They had a crusade, killing Muslims of they refused to convert. What kind of a religion forces people to join...

Religion is a good idea, however thats all it is... an idea.

In my oppinion, religion and science can co-exist, its only due to past problems involving the Vatican and prominent scientists of the day that most people assume they are incompatable.

Science and religion can work in harmony, science can explain anything that can be physically measured and religion explains the things that science (for the moment) can't explain.

The problem is that once the church/vatican has explained something as the work of god, they are and allways have been reluctant to change their minds.

I mean, come on... They sill prohibit the use of contraceptives, even though the lack of contraceptive use in some parts of the world is decimating the population.

If the church would just get real, it could and would co-exist with science.

Kieran C G Foot

Fri May 07, 2010 6:32 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I believe science and religion are very compatible. The Bible, though not a science textbook, never disagrees with what science can observe. However, evolution is not science. It is guess work. There is no way to observe evolution and the fossil record doesn't even fully support it.

I also agree that organized religion has done a lot of stupid things, but never in the name of God. There has always been ulterior motives such as greed. That doesn't discount the truth. See my above post about that.

Thu May 13, 2010 12:14 pm