Bona Fide OS Developer
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:45 am



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 MarcOS 
Author Message

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:05 am
Posts: 2
Location: Dublin
Post MarcOS
A little bit about the project I'm working on, MarcOS.

What?
A OS project to create a free, open, state-of-the-art interface between man and machine.

What makes yours so special?
The creation and addition of M, a language I am designing and creating on my own. Applications do not require compilation (-> real time interpretation). They can be in plain text or bytecode if you prefer. M takes an object-oriented approach and aims to provide an easy to understand for pro-developers and people with no skill in programming. As M is being built its scope extends, ultimately to the point where even driver and kernel extension development can be done entirely in M. In effect, everything in the system can be a script. The interpreter for M is burned into the kernel itself.

Alright - but what is your idea to knock us off our chairs?
Thinking differently and rethinking most, if not all, UI paradigms currently in the wild.

Sounds good... so how much will you charge once it's done?
It's open source. Therefore it's free, and as such you could help improve the code if you so like.

Okay one thing... it sounds a bit like Mac OS.
I know. It is intended an homage to Mac OS, but it also is a word-play on my first name :)

Cool. Any page where you put up more detail?
Yes. I have set up a page for it: se51.net/marcos

/ Cool Story, Bro

_________________
Elda Taluta


Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:22 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:32 am
Posts: 26
Post Re: MarcOS
it kinda reminds me of macOs, and even your programming language looks exactly like objective c :)

but it looks nice ;) good luck!


Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:54 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:05 am
Posts: 2
Location: Dublin
Post Re: MarcOS
Sharpner wrote:
it kinda reminds me of macOs, and even your programming language looks exactly like objective c :)

but it looks nice ;) good luck!



I think I mentioned that =/

Quote:
Okay one thing... it sounds a bit like Mac OS.
I know. It is intended an homage to Mac OS, but it also is a word-play on my first name

_________________
Elda Taluta


Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:28 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:07 am
Posts: 44
Location: Clarkesville, GA, USA
Post Re: MarcOS
SystemError51 wrote:
Sharpner wrote:
it kinda reminds me of macOs, and even your programming language looks exactly like objective c :)

but it looks nice ;) good luck!



I think I mentioned that =/

Quote:
Okay one thing... it sounds a bit like Mac OS.
I know. It is intended an homage to Mac OS, but it also is a word-play on my first name


It looks wicked cool to me. Would you care to share any info on how you did your EFI boot sequence, and any info on how you implement drivers?

_________________
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.


Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin and tweaked by the BF Team.